Country Sampler Extra
|Everyday Inspiration||Seasonal Style||Tips & Hacks||Coming Soon|
An Irish Welcome
|Photograph Courtesy of Krylon|
Put together a happy-go-lucky door decoration to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day using an embroidery hoop, burlap fabric, wooden words, ribbon and spray paint.
• Krylon ColorMaster Paint + Primer in Gloss Ivy Leaf
• 18- to 23-inch embroidery hoop
• 3-foot x 3-foot piece of burlap fabric
• Three different spools of wired ribbon in shades of green and white
• Coordinating thread and a needle
• Hot glue gun and glue sticks
• Wooden letters or words
1. In a well-ventilated area, lay the wooden letters or words on a drop cloth or newspaper. Before starting to spray paint, read the safety and application instructions on the can. Spray paint the letters with two coats of Gloss Ivy Leaf and let dry.
2. Lay the burlap fabric on a flat surface.
3. Loosen the embroidery hoop and remove the inner hoop.
4. Place the outer hoop under the burlap and the inner hoop on top. Push the inner hoop into the outer hoop with the burlap in between. Pull the burlap as tight as possible and tighten the hoop.
5. Trim the excess fabric around the hoop, leaving a few inches. Save the scraps, which will later be used to create the hanger.
6. Sew the ribbon to the edge of the burlap, gathering it to form a ruffle.
7. Use a hot glue gun to glue the wooden letters or words onto the burlap. If your door is in direct sunlight, use an ultra-strong glue in place of hot glue.
8. Use the remaining ribbon to make a bow with multiple loops. Tie the center of the bow with additional scraps of both ribbon types.
9. Cut a strip from excess burlap that is 3 to 4 inches wide and about 3 feet long.
Loop the burlap under the screw at the top of the hoop to create a hanger.
10. Attach the bow to the hoop by tying it to the screw at the top of the hoop.
This project was created by Lynn Lilly for Krylon. Find more home decor projects at Krylon.com.