A New Take on Primitive
- - Install a chair rail to divide two contrasting hues. Paint the wall above the molding mustard yellow and the wall beneath the molding black.
- - Suspend a primitive-style chandelier 30 inches above the table to balance natural and artificial lighting.
- - Distinguish the space with an oak pedestal dining table, Windsor chairs and a rustic sideboard.
- - Dress the windows with drapes that feature primitive-inspired patterns such as gingham or buffalo checks. Echo the textiles' colors with a rectangular braided rug and coordinating chair pads.
- - Use a metal shelf positioned close to the ceiling to exhibit accessories and artwork. Install another shelf above a bay window to offer even more display space for figurines and meaningful signs.
Photographed by Gridley + Graves