Country Sampler Extra
|Everyday Inspiration||Seasonal Style||Tips & Hacks||Coming Soon|
Make Patriotic Metal Flag
Gather a few craft components and assemble this simple flag-inspired wall hanging from JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores. Find additional seasonal projects and more here.
• Corrugated wavy hanging aluminum metal panel
• 6" and 14" metal stars
• Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in Imperial Red, Nautical Blue and Adirondack White
• Flat 2" paintbrush
• Small round piece of birch wood
• E6000 glue
• Glue gun and glue sticks
1. Using the flat paintbrush and the Imperial Red paint, sparsely paint a 2" strip at the top of the wavy metal panel all the way across. Skip down 2" to 3" and paint another red strip. Continue this pattern until you have reached the bottom of the metal panel. You should have a total of four red stripes.
2. Paint the 14" star Nautical Blue and let it dry.
3. Paint the edges of the 6" star Adirondack White and let it dry.
4. Glue the blue star in the upper left corner of the metal panel.
5. Glue the birch round to the bottom of the white-edged star in the middle and let it dry.
6. Apply E6000 glue to the edges of the birch round. Apply hot glue to the middle of the birch round. Flip the white-edged star over and position it on top of the blue star. Hold it in place for a few seconds until the glue cools.